The Kidney Cleanse Diet:
1. Stinging nettle:Stinging nettle is really high in vitamin C, and this herb has been shown to help to start filtering out extra fluids through the kidneys. While more research is needed, it’s been used for centuries as a kidney remedy and healing herb.
2. Burdock root: Also, another tea you can mix in is burdock root tea. Diuretics stimulate the kidneys and help the body get rid of excess fluid, mainly water and sodium. Burdock root is a natural diuretic so through burdock consumption, you can naturally and easily help your body to eliminate excess water by increasing urine output. By elevating the rate of urination, burdock root can help to remove waste from the blood and body.
3. Rehmannia: You also can get a rehmannia supplement, a Traditional Chinese Medicine herb that’s been shown to help cleanse the kidneys.
Kidney Cleanse Foods
1. High-antioxidant fruit: Let’s talk about the best fruits specifically for the kidneys. No. 1 are cranberries, No. 2 black cherries and No. 3 blueberries. These are very dark, antioxidant-rich “superfruits” that are nutrient-dense.
2. Beets:The third thing you want to do during your kidney cleanse is add certain foods into your diet that support the kidneys, the adrenals and also cause your body to increase circulation. The No. 1 food is beets. Beets are high in what’s called NO2, nitric oxide, which is really good for naturally cleansing the blood..
3. Seaweed:Seaweed is incredible because it’s one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, so adding a tablespoon of spirulina or chlorella, or just even a teaspoon — or green superfood powder — to a smoothie in the morning is a great idea.
4. Lemon juice
Fresh-squeezed lemon in some water upon wakening is a great thing to do as well when you’re on a kidney cleanse. Lemon water benefits the kidneys by aiding in digestion and detoxification. Lemon juice is even recommended as a way to prevent kidney stones due to its benefits on the kidneys.
5. Spinach:Last but not least, in terms of vegetables to eat on a kidney cleanse, spinach is a necessity. We know spinach is a powerhouse food. It’s high in B vitamins and high in certain antioxidants that help cleanse the entire body, especially the kidneys.